There’s a secret garden hidden behind a wall right in the middle of Kyoto city.
You could pass it and not even realize that right beyond those walls is an oasis where cranes rest peacefully by a lake covered in lily pads.
Kyoto’s Shosei-en Garden is a fantastic place to relax and reflect. Come along for a rare peek at what lies beyond the wall.
Dreaming of Kyoto
- A Look Down Kyoto’s Streets
- Exploring Nishiki Market
- Custom Kabocha Curry in Kyoto
- Down by the River
- This is Kyoto
- The Hidden Palace
- A Temple on Main Street
- At the Foot of the Mountain
- Late Night Kim Chee Fried Rice
- Falling Through Time in Gion
- Crunchy Katsu Curry in Kyoto